Thursday, July 3, 2008

Growing Pains :|

When people ask me- "so..what does it feel like to be 19?", i feel annoyed at the person for rubbing it in that even though i AM 19, noone at home lets me feel that way.

I had to go to my grandma's to spend the night because my grandad's in the hospital. My parents know the plan about where n when i'll have to go etc.. But they wont tell me and then 5 mins before we leave my mum tells me to keep some clothes. I keep my comfy tee n half pants in my dad's bag n the moment i turn my back-my mum starts checkin the bag for what i've kept, takes it out n replaces it with some odd clothes which she likes n i dont.. She always does this.. Asks me to pack and then disapproves of what i pack and instructs me to wear some crap for some particular occasion. In the end i have a bag full of crap for a small 5 day trip out of which only 2-3 things r worn by me.

And to top it all she wants me to carry a tiffin n bottle with me when i go out to meet my friends for the day. And then she screams at me on the phone when i run out of the house without em.Bleeeaarrgghh

Sounds stupid n girly n i sound like some weirdly peeved teenager but i'm sure a lotta ppl can relate to this.Wherever i go, my relatives keep instructing me on what to do -"Nikita,you should eat now, Nikita go n buy a book or something to keep you from gettin bored, Nikita you haven't been to the loo, dont you want to go

i feel more like a 3 yr old than a 19 yr old. For them i'm still a baby girl..
fine..i get it.. i still hug on to my teddies on bad days and make a fuss when my cousin's kids want to play with them... but thats different..
I mean its really great that they care bout when i pee n when i dont but i think i can do without it..

Its not just me, Pallavi who is frikkin 20 now (olg hag :P ) is in probably a worse situation than me. Her parents still fire her for gettin up after 7.00 in the morning n not sleepin at 10 in the night

7 comments:

Nikita said...

:|

Anonymous said...

my misery just seems to be peanuts compared to yours....
chhers

Pao said...

well...feels good to know thr r other ppl suffering the way u r.

RaSh said...

I agree wid pao. I've been getting lectures on how Laptop will screw my life (and wont let me, ahem).

But then tiffin & bottle? I actually imagined u with a bottle in your neck n.. Choo chweet! :D

Rover said...

i imagined you wid the bottle around ur neck and pigtails....heh

you haven't been to the loo, dont you want to go - never heard that one....EVER....but the rest is...well, y'know, everyone gets it. I think the main point is to learn a lesson from it all. To not do the same when you grow up :P

And also, when someone asks you whether you've peed, give them the ol' stinkeye and don't reply...that'll show 'em :D

Sagar Premkumar said...

What himanshoe said.

Nikita said...

Trust me i give em the straghtest face possible when they ask me..

==> :|