Sunday, June 22, 2008

Suicide

SUICIDE
A depressing topic for a first post I know…

Maybe it was the fatigue of walking all evening in the humongous mall, maybe it was the drugged feeling of being in an AC car on a smooth road, maybe it was the heavy drowsiness caused by the cheese in the amazing pasta I had for dinner at Pastamania or Maybe it was the random tear that dropped from my eye after being scolded by my mother (nothing unusual)..or Probably it was a collection of all of the above but I randomly started framing sentences in my head about suicide(no clue why this topic :-) and that’s when I decided that maybe I should write more often and maybe start my own blog..

Suicide..
I think a lot of people have had suicidal thoughts at some points in their lives and almost none of them admit it...

But today I decided to admit it openly that I have had suicidal thoughts not once but several times in my life... It shows that I am weak and timid and blah blah but then I have had these thoughts and I haven't been able to control them... I get this image of myself falling from a cliff for a very very long time till I fall into a deep ravine far down below. I don’t know... It’s something about that feeling... It’s a liberating fall... A fall where my mind is BLANK... There are no thoughts, no worries... Nothing...
So while my cheek was pressed against the window of the car I made a random list of what crosses my mind about suicide...

- The feeling of escaping and quitting it all and running away to somewhere where no one will find you.
- The dilemma whether life after death is better or worse. The excitement of it.
- The fear of leaving the ones you love and the ones who love you and made you what you are in pain and sorrow.
- The fear if your soul will rest in peace.
- The hope that you'll be forgiven if you do it.
- The feeling that NOTHING is worth taking your own damn life.
- The feeling that there are innumerable people and animals who are not as fortunate as you are but they still struggle and fight to pursue happiness.
- Knowing that whatever triggered the thought will pass away soon.
- The feeling of not being brave enough to face life and fight it.

Now you must be wondering that I am so fortunate to have so many people who love me and so much to be thankful for and yet these thoughts cross my mind... Even I wonder the same thing... I always feel that I make a very very huge deal out of everything I feel and do not value all that I have been gifted with this... You can judge me and criticise the way I feel... But it IS infact the way I feel SOMETIMES... The feeling doesn't last for very long because obviously the whole thing is not worth it...
But then I thought that this is a topic which is never openly discussed because the feeling is mostly propagated by our deepest darkest secrets, so I might as well put it out there and wait for people to react.

17 comments:

Sagar Premkumar said...

" falling from a cliff for a very very long time till I fall into a deep ravine far down below"
Hey,ive had that one a lotta times......course,denise richards comes dressed as supergirl and saves my life and well,y'know....
Request:Next post ,write about something like fluffy bunnies,or clowns

June 22, 2008 11:19 AM

Nikita said...

heh..lets see..

Anonymous said...

hey its summin we've all been thru, point is ur still alive and must now cope with it.
LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT (FOR GOOD) !!!
nah, kiddin...
it's not worth takin ur life yaar...
and believe me you get to know when u've tried it once, and failed, and then realized what u culd've done...

Pao said...

sometimes i feel so tired about the way things are that i feel that it wud be better if life somehow ended at that very point and i am spared all trouble.
but then the realisation tht hw cowardly it is dawn in next moment...

Pao said...

yoyo..we r template buddies :P
lame i know..but too much seriousness arnd here nyways :)

Rover said...

Hiya, nice to see you on blogger
Anytime u have suicide thots, send me a quick mail
I'm actually interested in hearin abt different ways to kick the bucket

The Witch King of Rohtak said...

nice one.....anywho, before you fall off a cliff, sell the movie rights on your life to me. I'll post it on YouTube. And the book rights too. I promise it'll be a great coffee table book.

Sagar Premkumar said...

SEE??!! People do care...er....for the most part anyway....

Nikita said...

:|

Prashant Nagpal said...

With reference to para 1 and what started you thinking about suicide; if these actually are the reasons, you disgust me

RaSh said...

Err.. you started a blog so you could write more on such topics? Wow what an inspiration!
Anyway good to finally see you blogging! yoy!
PS: The ride u missed was amazing :P :P

Nikita said...

@ Prashant-hawwww... nothing of that sort led me to thing about suicide..chiii!! YOU disgust mee kutte :| :|

what i meant was.. i do this thing when i want to pretend i'm listening to my mum..i always get lost in my deep deep thoughts..it cud be any thought..RANDOM!!

and please understand RANDOM!!!!
i jus felt like writin on this topic RANDOMLY :| :|

PD said...

chaaach....i have stuff to tell u bout this topic...calls for a coffe session in ur windy room :D....somehow...i know exactly wat ur saying!!!!! exactly.
btw "sad stuff"<--- LOL

cloudedthought said...

It really seems to me that you weren't suicidal , you just seemed to want to get away from all the troubles and irritations of modern life .In fact I suggest you go on a vacation , or do something that will take you to a state like the one you seem to want to go to.

cloudedthought said...

I hope some one here realizes what you have to do, to go to that state :P.

Nikita said...

@"It really seems to me that you weren't suicidal , you just seemed to want to get away from all the troubles and irritations of modern life ."

yepppp

i think you got it RIGHT Rishi :)


@"or do something that will take you to a state like the one you seem to want to go to."

are u talkin bout ......

o.O

Abhi said...

gaaon waalon i am jumping and mausi will chakki peesing and peesing and peesing.....
think abt the poor mausi before you jump
cheers
theprocrastinat0r